The ISMRM Board of Trustees made the decision to host a virtual-only meeting at its winter meeting last week. The conference had previously been scheduled to take place in a hybrid format, with both in-person and online content.
The board said the move is the right decision after a challenging year in 2020, pointing to ongoing travel restrictions and the fact that vaccines will not be distributed to the entire membership in time for an in-person meeting in May.
Despite the change, the board is confident that the annual meeting will be dynamic and informative. The 2021 meeting will feature many of capabilities from the 2020 virtual meeting, including the following:
- On-demand viewing of abstract presentations prior to the annual meeting
- Interactive educational weekend
- Modified scientific sessions
- Poster sessions with the ability to chat with the authors
- Daily plenary sessions
- Virtual EDI Forum
- "Lunch with a Legend" sessions
- Secret sessions
Copyright © 2021 AuntMinnieEurope.com