ECR continues to grow in importance and size for the European medical imaging community, so it's no great surprise that the top 5 trends article produced by the editors of AuntMinnieEurope.com was our most-viewed article during 2018.
Our regular columnist, Dr. Paul McCoubrie, has been busy compiling a comprehensive and authoritative list of uber-truths of radiology since 2013, and his third batch of golden rules proved very popular when we published them back in September.
During June, a series of articles about radiographer reporting certainly sparked your interest, accounting for three of our top 10 stories.
The debate began when Dr. Anna Rita Larici stated that radiographers should not read chest x-rays. This was followed by a response from the U.K. Society of Radiographers, and then a follow-up commentary from Dr. Emanuele Neri.
Our most popular video from ECR 2018, featuring an interview with Dr. Alexander Radbruch, JD, on gadolinium retention in the brain, appears at No. 4 on our 2018 list. This underlines the high level of interest in this topic.
Arguably the big surprise is at No. 7. We genuinely had no idea you were so curious about the possible hygiene risk posed by bearded men in MRI scanners.
Below is the full top 10 list of articles on AuntMinnieEurope.com for 2018, as measured by member traffic. We hope you enjoyed reading these stories as much as we enjoyed bringing them to you. We very much look forward to providing you with further coverage in 2019.
Top 10 stories for 2018
- Top 5 trends from ECR 2018 in Vienna, 8 March, 2018
- 20 new golden rules of radiology, 5 September, 2018
- Opinion: Radiographers do not equal radiologists, 20 June, 2018
- Video from ECR 2018: Alexander Radbruch on gadolinium retention, 2 March, 2018
- Radiographers: 'Yes, we can read chest x-rays,' 15 June, 2018
- Opinion: Radiographers must not read chest x-rays, 12 June, 2018
- Bearded men pose greater hygiene risk than dogs in MRI, 1 August, 2018
- U.K. regulator calls for urgent action on backlog of scans, 19 July, 2018
- Does radiology have a bullying problem? 12 September, 2018
- Will artificial intelligence sell more CT systems? 14 March, 2018
Copyright © 2018 AuntMinnieEurope.com