A routine MRI scan turned into a near tragedy at Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, India.
According to an article in the Mumbai Mirror, two employees were injured on November 8 when one -- a general duty assistant, or ward boy -- walked into the MRI room carrying an oxygen tank. Both men were pulled into the magnet and stuck there for almost four hours until an engineer arrived and deactivated the magnetic field.
The ward boy fractured an elbow, while the technician, who was wedged between the ward boy, the tank, and the scanner, had a punctured urinary bladder, severe internal bleeding, and other lower body injuries, according to the article.
The accident occurred when a male patient was wheeled in for what was supposed to be a routine MRI scan, the Mumbai Mirror reported.