PACS technology provider Acuo Technologies has won a vendor neutral archive (VNA) supply contract in the U.K. with Royal Philips Electronics, the parent corporation of Philips Healthcare, the company said.
The contract will combine Philips' IntelliSpace PACS with Acuo's Universal Clinical Platform VNA and a centralized Rowthorne RIS that will be shared across six National Health Service (NHS) trusts in Surrey and Sussex, according to Acuo.
The six trusts include:
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- West Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Surrey Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Under terms of the deal, Acuo will begin migrating existing clinical image data later this year, and will manage more than a million new studies annually when the five-year contract goes into effect in 2013, Acuo said.