In the spring, our readers had a seemingly insatiable appetite for any new information about the COVID-19 pandemic, and between March and May, our traffic was considerably higher than the same period in 2019. Clearly readers were very anxious to know which imaging modality works best under which circumstances, and concerns were high about radiographers' access to personal protection equipment. Our readers were also keen to hear the views of true experts such as Prof. Dr. Mathias Prokop, PhD, from Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and Prof. Dr. Stephan Achenbach from Erlangen, Germany.
Publication of the police report into the serious MRI accident in Swedish Lapland was another major issue. Two of our top six most popular articles were about the forensic evidence and the mysterious weighted exercise vest worn by the radiographer who got sucked into the scanner.
Patient safety remained a hot topic throughout the year, and our story on October's medical inquest about a patient who died after a mix-up over a CT scan came in at number four in the top 10 list. The postponement of the ECR and the future of artificial intelligence were other important themes.
Below is the full top 10 list of articles on AuntMinnieEurope.com for 2020, as measured by member traffic. We hope you enjoyed reading these stories as much as we enjoyed bringing them to you. We very much look forward to providing you with further coverage in 2021.
Top 10 stories for 2020
- Forensic evidence sheds new light on Swedish MRI accident, 17 March 2020
- Radiographers speak on PPE and COVID-19 infection control, 28 April 2020
- Can ultrasound be used effectively for COVID-19? 24 March 2020
- Patient dies after mix-up over CT scan, 20 October 2020
- CT 'paramount' for early diagnosis of novel coronavirus, 11 February 2020
- Police report reveals mystery of vest in Swedish MRI case, 13 March 2020
- Prokop: Radiographers work in pairs for COVID-19 scans, 5 May 2020
- ESR may sue authorities over ECR postponement, 10 March 2020
- Dutch debate intensifies over future shape of AI, 13 October 2020
- Will COVID-19 screens become new norm in ultrasound? 6 April 2020
Copyright © 2020 AuntMinnieEurope.com