For sonographers, the guidance has several points to follow, including those listed below:
- Make way for an adult support person to be in attendance during all examinations, based on regular updated risk assessment.
- Mitigate risk of COVID-19 transmission within the ultrasound and antenatal department, based on risk assessment.
- Clearly communicate with parents, especially in relation to a support person who has COVID-19 symptoms.
- Evidence of a negative COVID-19 test before allowing access to units as rapid lateral flow tests are no longer freely available.
- Everyone inside ultrasound departments should wear a face covering or mask to protect staff and patients.
Copyright © 2022 AuntMinnieEurope.com