Titled "Ethical Principles for Artificial Intelligence in Medicine," the guidelines outline the most appropriate use of AI and the related field of machine learning and explain how both technologies can result in better patient care. Development of the guidelines was led by RANZCR's AI Working Group, with extensive consultation with a broad range of industry, academic, commercial, and government stakeholders, along with other medical colleges.
The document includes nine principles:
- Privacy and protection of data
- Avoidance of bias
- Transparency and explainability
- Application of human values
- Decision-making on diagnosis and treatment
- Responsibility for decisions made
The full document can be viewed on RANZCR's website.
Copyright © 2019 AuntMinnieEurope.com