On March 10, our editorial team broke the story about the recommendation of the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) to withdraw some GBCAs from the market, and this article is No. 2 on the list below, as measured by the total number of page views.
After some slight modifications, the European Commission adopted the decision of the EMA in November, and individual countries now have a year to implement the ruling (see Nos. 3 and 6 in our list).
Although ECR 2017 ended a few days before the March 10 announcement, the ongoing debate over gadolinium contrast featured as the No. 1 item in our top five trends from the congress. Advances in breast imaging also were among these ECR trends, and they accounted for two of our leading 10 stories for this year. Radiation dose and patient safety were other recurring themes.
As for gadolinium contrast, one important question remains unanswered: Will lawsuits be filed in Europe, similar to the high-profile U.S. case brought by action film star Chuck Norris and his wife Gena against 11 firms linked to the manufacture and distribution of gadolinium MRI contrast? The companies must be holding their collective breath. Watch this space for further updates in 2018.
The full list of the most popular stories is given below. To access the relevant article, please click on the title.
- Top 5 trends from ECR 2017 in Vienna, 7 March 2017
- Pull linear MRI contrast from market, European group says, 10 March 2017
- Gadolinium: PRAC modifies advice on contrast agents, 10 July 2017
- Does breast MRI hold future for mammography market? 8 March 2017
- Gadolinium: EU nations get 1 year to implement EMA ruling, 27 November 2017
- 10 things to know about the ECR 2017 president, 15 February 2017
- Gadolinium contrast: Farewell to well-known brands, 15 March 2017
- Chest CT with iterative recon achieves x-ray doses, 4 March 2017
- How can radiology departments ensure patient safety? 1 March 2017
- Preoperative breast MRI: More help than harm, 1 March 2017
Copyright © 2017 AuntMinnieEurope.com