The document, called "Preparing for COVID-19 surges and winter" and backed by the Royal College of Radiologists, particularly emphasizes ensuring the availability of PPE to control infection from SARS-CoV-2.
The document proposes the following local and regional actions:
- Establish clear integrated primary care arrangements, including best use of space as defined by patients' COVID-19 status.
- Establish a clear plan for dealing with hospital outbreaks of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
It also proposes the following national actions:
- Continue to purchase PPE so that it is available to the National Health Service (NHS) network.
- Ensure PPE guidance is current.
- Provide adequate beds for COVID-19 care, whether in the hospital or in secondary settings.
- Communicate infection control measures clearly to the public.
"One of the significant concerns in the first phase of the pandemic was over the lack of availability of PPE," the authors noted. "Managing this and ensuring effective wider infection control is an essential part of preparations for winter and further surges."
Copyright © 2020 AuntMinnieEurope.com