The consensus statements aim to reduce variation in U.K. radiotherapy practice and should serve as a catalyst for lung cancer teams to review their services, the society said. The consensus statements should be adopted in parallel with those in the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) lung cancer guideline, the RCR added.
The consensus statements cover the following:
- Optimizing patients for radical radiotherapy
- Technical aspects of radical radiotherapy
- Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) for early-stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Combined-modality treatment of locally advanced NSCLC
- Radiotherapy for advanced lung cancer
- Treatment of small cell lung cancer (SCLC)
The document may be read in full here.
Copyright © 2020 AuntMinnieEurope.com