Led by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR), the group has released a position statement called COVID-19 Essential Role of Clinical Radiology Services.
In addition to RANZCR, the group includes the following organizations:
- Australian Diagnostic Imaging Association
- Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine
- Australasian Sonographers Association
- Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy
- Medical Imaging Nurses Association of Australia
- New Zealand Institute of Medical Radiation Technology
Without adequate personal protective equipment, the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to vital staff within radiology practices increases, with the potential consequences of illness and temporary reduction in availability of services, the coalition noted.
"Significant volumes of personal protective equipment will be needed to ensure continuity in provision of essential radiology services in the immediate future and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic," said RANZCR president Dr. Lance Lawler in a statement.
Copyright © 2020 AuntMinnieEurope.com